Monday, August 4, 2008

THING 18 - Online Productivity Tools

I feel I'll be repeating myself here - in activity 7, I discussed my recent experience with Google Tools. I work in the summer as a landman and our team uses google tools to communicate, share and update our work. Each of us comes from different parts of the state and work on various assignments that keep us from collaborating in person.

We use the spreadsheets to file daily reports and compare work completed. This allows us to plan our next day's assignments and not either repeat the other's work or move ahead before addressing a task necessary to complete before advancing. Important documents can be designed, reviewed and edited by us collectively. Another advantage is that work can be accessed from anywhere - no more flashdrives, forgetting where you saved something, leaving a CD on your desk at the office and needing access.....a document can be retrieved, worked with and printed from anywhere. GREAT convenience.

No comments: