Saturday, August 2, 2008

THING 11 - Library Thing

I found Library Thing to be a great tool. What a great way to share your favorite books as well as find out about others that would share a common interest. When viewing other blogger's libray lists, I ran across one blog that showed an actual bookcase in the right column, with each book "placed" on the bookshelf. While the book reviews are of interest, and the purpose here, I am now curious as to how to get a bookshelf to show up on my blog.

http://www.librarything.com/home/elewis5103 - I've just picked a few books for now, but will add more titles as time goes on and share with friends. I would like to create a second profile for student/teacher use. I will post books relevant to our topics at the time, both fiction and non-fiction. This seems like a wonderful tool for a Language Arts teacher to use with her class - maybe even set up a profile for each class period so students can enter their personal reads and compare to those of their peers.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

Interesting ideas on how to use this in the Language Arts classroom. Hopefully you will post your successes on your blog...