Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thing 11.5: Evaluation

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
TOUGH question, as there were many great things. I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson on image generators and can foresee that being used the most this year. Wordle and Glogster are awesome, and I've already used Animoto several times. GREAT tools for this new school year.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I am always looking for new tools to use in the classroom. As our students change and their interests become more challenging, I am excited to learn about things that might get their attention and create some excitement for them to do what is otherwise considered "a boring classroom lesson". Library2Play 2 exceeded my expectations.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I would say all the new tools were my biggest surprises. Each year, we implement new and fun ways to work with students - last year our big focus was Gizmos, QUIA, and Brainpop. The year before that we focused on online testing and activities that replaced some of our paper/pencil tasks. Now this year we will work with a lot of fun, new things that I am sure will excite the students (see question one) and will make it more exciting for me to use when teaching.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Differently? . . . . I'm not sure I would change a thing. The format is about as user friendly as it gets. The concept, that of exposing us to an everchanging way of using technology, is very important and very helpful to teachers. What I look forward to is another summer of new and exciting lessons to replace those that the kids get bored with from year to year. You guys have done the hard work - you've found and compiled a quick resource for us to begin using from day one in August and keep using throughout the year.

So that is it - I made it and it's not 5 minutes before midnight on the final day before having to complete all the "things" (yes, I did that last time).

Thank you for a great journey and the inspiration to create new excitement for another year in the classroom.

No comments: